1) Looking for a specific faculty member?
2) Looking for faculty from a specific department?
3) Looking for faculty with specific research experience or expertise?
Then check out Texas State’s Faculty Profile page where you can search by faculty name, department, or research specialization.
You can also find details on Texas State faculty scholarship on Google Scholar.
Robert J. Olney Early Career Research Award
Dr. Robert Olney served as the Associate Dean for the Graduate School of McCoy College. He was Associate Dean for 24 years, retiring in 2009. Dr. Olney supported more than 2,500 students who received graduate degrees during his tenure, and he was also very engaged in encouraging and assisting new faculty be successful in teaching and research.
The Olney Research Award, first awarded in Fall 2015, recognizes the scholarly success of a faculty member early in his or her career. The awardee must be in a tenure-track position in McCoy College, have been on tenure track for no less than 2 years and no more than 4 years, have significant research productivity, and have a promising research agenda.
Past Olney Award Winners
The McCoy College Foundation funds several endowed chairs and professorships. Current and past holders of these positions are listed below, with links to faculty profiles where available.
- Emmett and Miriam McCoy Excellence Chair
Dr. Cecily Raiborn, Accounting (2006 – present)
- Jerry D. and Linda Gregg Fields Chair in Ethics and Corporate Responsibility
Dr. Micki Kacmar, Management (2014 – present)
- Jerry D. and Linda Gregg Fields Chair in Urban and Regional Economics
Dr. James LeSage, Economics (2006 – present)
- Sam Barshop Excellence Professorship in Entrepreneurship
Dr. Jana Minifie, Management (2015 – 2018)
Dr. James Bell, Management (2012 – 2015)
- Scott Emerson Professorship in Business Administration
Dr. Nathan Cannon, Accounting (2019 – 2021)
- Dean Paul R. Gowens Excellence Professorship in Business Administration
Dr. Francis Mendez, Quantitative Methods (2019 – 2021)
Ms. Vicki West, Marketing (2015 – 2018)
- Steven R. Gregg, Sr. Excellence Professorship
Dr. Vishag Badrinarayanan, Marketing (2019 – 2021)
Dr. Jeremy Sierra, Marketing (2015 – 2018)
Dr. Patricia Pattison, Business Law (2013 – 2015)
- Brandon Dee Roberts Excellence Professorship
Dr. Yao-Yu Chih, Economics (2019 – 2021)
Dr. Tahir Ekin, Quantitative Methods (2015 – 2018)
Dr. Li Feng, Economics (2013 – 2015)
- Tom and Jo Roddy Professor in Finance
Dr. Ivilina Popova, Finance (2019 – 2021)
Dr. Ha-Chin Yi, Finance (2015 – 2018)